Why you should NEVER... EVER.... EVER TRUST YOUR BOSS!
I am female. I will not tell my name, for fear of more retaliation than I am already facing!
I have worked at my job, as a director for a PBS Television Station, for the past twenty-four (24) years. My boss worked in the section next to mine, before becoming my supervisor. He and I became friends, or so I thought so!
When this man became my boss, though he had never directed a television show, I immediately took him into my confidence, telling him about all of the problems I had encountered with others...some of whom were his co-workers, before he became my boss. WRONG MOVE!
Little did I know that this guy really had it in for me...at the behest of his co-workers...all female...all disliking me for not settling for office work. Instead, I worked to become a "director", and had made it. In the meantime, all of these "female" office workers, were watching me.
At the first opportunity, upon becoming my supervisor, this guy took everything I said, and did and exaggerated it. He then started giving my directing assignments to his "favorites". He documented all conversations I had with him, and used those conversations as fodder to demote me, isolate me, humiliate me, and embarass me. He even slammed the door in my face, a couple of weeks ago.
He had since "earned stripes" for humiliating me, and "putting me in my place" for his female "friends".
My advice to young professionals is this:
1) Never, ever, ever, trust your boss!
2) Never, ever, ever, trust your co-workers!
3) Always be professional in your dress.
4) Always be professional when working with anybody!
5) Remember..."office snakes" are watching you.
6) They watch when you come in....when you leave.
7) They "monitor" what you are doing.
8) Try to be "responsible" for your own career"
9) Stay out of "office politics". In the end, you will find yourself "alone", while everybody
"went to bat" for...is "buddy-buddy".
10) Go to work...do your job...go home. Don't trust anybody at work! They are waiting to "tell on you" hoping to get a feather in their cap, or a leg-up with the boss.
Again...Never...ever...trust your Boss!